Find IT job vacancies and apprenticeships in Kent.
At ADM, we’re always on the look-out for talented and committed engineers, from 1st line through to senior grade experience. We also like to hear from people with the right background and drive to join our IT advisor team.
If you’re the kind of person who wants a challenging but rewarding job, where you’ll get regular training and loads of opportunities to develop your potential, keep an eye on this page. If you’re also the kind of person who likes to don lycra and cycle to work in Canterbury, too, so much the better. We won’t hold it against you if you don’t, but you’d be in good company (and it does help to burn off the doughnuts).
We don’t always have vacancies. Any we do have will be listed here. But even if you don’t see what you’re looking for and you’re keen to work for us, we’re happy to hear from you.
Looking for our available education vacancies? Please click here.
Please send your CV with a covering note to Kailas Bryant. NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Job Title: SharePoint Consultant / Technician
Job Location: Canterbury, Kent
With over 70 current staff, ADM has been one of the South East’s leading and most trusted IT service partners since 1984. With staff averaging a stay of over 11.5 years since ADM’s establishment, It’s fair to say we offer a fun, friendly and challenging environment for hardworking staff to develop within.
You will be working within our small SharePoint team of dedicated developers. As a member of this department you will be tasked with working on and providing support for a variety of different SharePoint projects.
On a day to day basis, alongside the SharePoint team, you will:
- Provide support to clients and assist the Helpdesk in troubleshooting issues with SharePoint and OneDrive.
- Develop client SharePoint sites, adhering to best practices giving the best solution to fit with the client’s requirements.
- Build creative pages using web parts, content types, lists, libraries, workflows using flow and custom forms using PowerApps.
- Build intuitive document libraries and communicate solutions effectively to the Client. This will include developing user guides and training for the end users.
- Be responsible for developing, configuring and supporting new and existing Clients to suggest improvements in the way they handle information and content.
- Communicate, understand and demonstrate features of Office 365/SharePoint and clearly articulate these to Clients or colleagues alike in a variety of business scenarios.
- Keep up to date with latest updates and releases of Office 365 apps using the Office 365 roadmap and adhere to best practices based on future developments.
Key skills required
- Good understanding of Document libraries including all the features (e.g. version control, permissions, document retention, views, formatting, content types)
- Building Lists/Libraries/Views based around business processes
- SharePoint Designer
- Microsoft PowerApps with SharePoint Integration
- Microsoft Flow
- Knowledge of Office 365 groups/teams to integrate with SharePoint
- Previous experience in building or administering SharePoint sites
Job title: 1st Line Engineer
Job location: Canterbury
Salary: £15,000.00 to £19,000.00 per year
With 70 current staff, ADM has been one of the South East’s leading and most trusted IT service partners since 1984. With staff averaging a stay of over 11.5 years since ADM’s establishment, It’s fair to say we offer a fun, friendly and challenging environment for hardworking staff to develop within.
ADM Computing is seeking an enthusiastic “Can do” IT Support Engineer to join our busy support team. ADM have been established for 35 years and are a Microsoft Gold Partner. The role involves providing first line remote IT support to our extensive and varied client base and working with our team of 40 Support engineers.
- Logging tickets in our call management system
- Monitoring user servers and workstations
- Resolving IT issues remotely, over the phone and on site
- Setting up emails on iPhones, Android and Windows phones
- Adding, Removing and modifying users and groups in Active Directory
- Liaise with external suppliers for the repair of equipment under warranty
- Carry out routine network maintenance tasks
- Managing email, anti-spam and virus protection
- Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Operating Systems
- Understanding of networking concepts and services such as DNS and DHCP
- Understanding of SLA’s
- Great communication skills
- Capable of working well under pressure.
The successful applicant will need an excellent telephone manner, good communication and customer service skills with a positive can do attitude. You will also need to be a good team player. Due to the nature of this role applicants must be flexible as some weekend and after hours work may be required in some cases (overtime applicable). In addition to this applicants must be willing to visit customer sites as and when required. The successful applicant may be required to assist the Network Infrastructure (Cabling) Department during busy periods. Experience in networking, server/operating systems and application support is essential.
If you would like to join a successful company and feel you have the necessary skills and experience to thrive within a pressured environment, then please submit your CV to us.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Title: SharePoint Developer/1st Line SharePoint Support
With over 65 current staff, ADM has been one of the South East’s leading and most trusted IT service partners since 1984. With staff averaging a stay of over 10.5 years since ADMs establishment, It’s fair to say we offer a fun, friendly and challenging environment for hardworking staff to develop within.
About the Role & Daily Tasks
You will be working within our small SharePoint team of dedicated developers. As a member of this department you will be tasked with working on a variety of different SharePoint projects. These projects will involve; coding new solutions and providing ongoing support, but also the development and maintenance of existing applications. Weekdays, 9.00AM to 5.30PM with a total of 1 hour break per day.
As part of your supportive role, you will also be required to:
- Log calls in our call management system,
- Resolve IT issues remotely, over the phone and on site,
- Setting up OneDrive on devices
- Adding, removing and modifying users and groups in SharePoint
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Must possess a high degree of patience and willingness to learn and improve.
- Must be well organised, able to effectively prioritise tasks, and be able to correctly manage your time and projects from concept to production.
- Must be able to brainstorm with others, thrive in a collaborative team environment, multi task, and quickly adapt to change.
- Must possess the ability to work well individually and within a team in a manner that is healthy to our positive and productive work environment.
Education & Technical Skills
- Experience in C# or strong Object Oriented Programming knowledge and the desire to pick up and learn C#.
- 3 A Levels (Grade A-C) or equivalent.
- Math and English GCSE C or above required.
- Evidence of personal projects/programming in own time highly desirable.
Future prospects and career progression
We would hope the successful candidate would continue to progress as a member of the SharePoint Team to become a invaluable asset to the department and company.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £200-300 week
Job Title: 2nd Line Engineer
Network / IT Support Engineer with Help desk, Server, Desktop, Office 365 and Exchange experience required to join our team of 30+ IT support engineers, based in Canterbury. You will be joining a dedicated team of professionals that pride themselves on training and development and ensuring that our clients IT systems are operating to maximum potential. You will be part of a team working in-house and onsite when required, providing general and focused I.T. services. To engage in problem investigation/resolutions and ensure their satisfactory conclusion quickly and effectively.
- Excellent communication skills (specifically verbal)
- Professional Attitude
- Be forthcoming and have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have a good understanding of impact and urgency
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload
- Provide 2nd Line support to our clients both onsite and offsite
- Act as a point of escalation for the 1st Line team
- Proactively help resolve tickets and if required assist the 3rd line team with new projects or ‘on-boards’
- Be pro-active in identifying new technologies and highlight any weaknesses in their current se-up
- Ensure customers SLA’s are met
- Follow company processes as documented.
- Microsoft certified (MCSA preferred)
- Ability to solve PC/Server hardware and software issues
- Good understanding of Networking infrastructure (LAN/vLAN/WAN)
- Good knowledge of routers/firewalls
- Good knowledge of switches
- Wide understanding of all technologies and be comfortable troubleshooting
- 3 years previous experience on Helpdesk or as Onsite Engineer
- Experience with virtualization.
About the Role
- You will be expected to work through Helpdesk tickets and have the opportunity to go on-site and visit clients
- The existing team is efficient and friendly and deals with all kinds of support issues generated by the customer base of businesses and schools in the south east.
- You will need to thrive on multi-tasking as you complete tasks like installing servers, replacing workstations, resolving OS faults as well as identifying and resolving network connectivity issues
- You will be given responsibility for your own projects where you will be expected to manage every technical aspect whilst maintaining constant liaison with the client
- You will primarily use the products and services within our established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities
- The role includes making suggestions to the client concerning future improvements in line with their individual business needs.
This offer is for a permanent position with 37.5 hours per week, plus 20 days holiday entitlement (plus Bank Holidays), with additional benefits after a qualifying period.
Full driving license required.
Job Title: Apprentice IT Support Engineer
We are currently interviewing this year’s intake for our highly regarded Microsoft IT support apprenticeship program. Successful applicant will have the chance of working in our team of 30+ IT Engineers. You will work towards Level 3 Infrastructure Technician, this being completed in-house. This includes a range of modules to assist you in becoming a future IT engineer, such as, MTA networking fundamentals, MTA Cloud fundamentals, coding and logic, and business processes.
Logging of support calls received by phone/email from our customers and helping provide solutions as a member of one of our helpdesk teams. 8.30 to 5.00 with a total of 1 hour break per day.
Excellent verbal communications skills, can do attitude, and strong team player. Problem solving issues using own knowledge and support libraries and seeking advice assistance from colleagues.
Education & Technical Skills
A strong interest in IT is very important and proven learning skills. Distinction in IT level 3 and Maths and English GCSE C or above required.
About the Role
Working in our IT support department. Acting as a first point of call for logging calls from Customers. Assigning priority and managing customer expectation of time to resolution.
Future prospects and Career Progression
We would hope the successful candidate would progress within the company to First line support role.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £12,000 – £14,000 /year
We also like to help our clients find top-quality candidates. If that’s you, any of the roles below tickle your tastebuds, send your CV and a covering letter to Kailas Bryant and we’ll take a look.