1st Line Engineer
Job Location: Canterbury, Kent
About ADM: With over 70 current staff, ADM has been one of the South East’s leading and most trusted IT service partners since 1984. With staff averaging a stay of over 11.5 years since ADM’s establishment, It’s fair to say we offer a fun, friendly and challenging environment for hardworking staff to develop within.
ADM Computing is seeking an enthusiastic “Can do” IT Support Engineer to join our busy support team. ADM have been established for 35 years and are a Microsoft Gold Partner. The role involves providing first-line remote IT support to our extensive and varied client base and working with our team of 40 Support engineers.
On a day to day basis, alongside the Service team, your duties will include:
- Logging tickets in our call management system
- Monitoring user servers and workstations
- Resolving IT issues remotely, over the phone and on site
- Setting up emails on iPhones, Android and Windows phones
- Adding, Removing and modifying users and groups in Active Directory
- Liaise with external suppliers for the repair of equipment under warranty
- Carry out routine network maintenance tasks
- Managing email, anti-spam and virus protection
- Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Operating Systems
- Understanding of networking concepts and services such as DNS and DHCP
- Understanding of SLA’s
- Great communication skills
- Capable of working well under pressure.
The successful applicant will need an excellent telephone manner, good communication and customer service skills with a positive can do attitude. You will also need to be a good team player. Due to the nature of this role applicants must be flexible as some weekend and after hours work may be required in some cases (overtime applicable). In addition to this applicants must be willing to visit customer sites as and when required. The successful applicant may be required to assist the Network Infrastructure (Cabling) Department during busy periods. Experience in networking, server/operating systems and application support is essential.
Apply for this position by clicking the “Apply Now” button below.
You will be redirected to a new page with application form.
For more information on the vacancy please contact:
Take your chance
Apprentice Support Engineer
1st Line Support Engineer
2nd Line Support Engineer
SharePoint Developer / SharePoint 1st Line Support
SharePoint Consultant / Technician