2nd Line Engineer
Job Location: Canterbury, Kent
About ADM: With over 70 current staff, ADM has been one of the South East’s leading and most trusted IT service partners since 1984. With staff averaging a stay of over 11.5 years since ADM’s establishment, It’s fair to say we offer a fun, friendly and challenging environment for hardworking staff to develop within.
Network / IT Support Engineer with Help desk, Server, Desktop, Office 365 and Exchange experience required to join our team of 30+ IT support engineers, based in Canterbury. You will be joining a dedicated team of professionals that pride themselves on training and development and ensuring that our clients IT systems are operating to maximum potential. You will be part of a team working in-house and onsite when required, providing general and focused I.T. services. To engage in problem investigation/resolutions and ensure their satisfactory conclusion quickly and effectively.
- Excellent communication skills (specifically verbal)
- Professional Attitude
- Be forthcoming and have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Have a good understanding of impact and urgency
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage their own workload
- Provide 2nd Line support to our clients both onsite and offsite
- Act as a point of escalation for the 1st Line team
- Proactively help resolve tickets and if required assist the 3rd line team with new projects or ‘on-boards’
- Be pro-active in identifying new technologies and highlight any weaknesses in their current set-up
- Ensure customers SLA’s are met
- Follow company processes as documented.
- Microsoft certified (MCSA preferred)
- Ability to solve PC/Server hardware and software issues
- Good understanding of Networking infrastructure (LAN/VLAN/WAN)
- Good knowledge of routers/firewalls
- Good knowledge of switches
- Wide understanding of all technologies and be comfortable troubleshooting
- 3 years previous experience on Helpdesk or as Onsite Engineer
- Experience with virtualization.
About the Role
- You will be expected to work through helpdesk tickets and have the opportunity to go on-site and visit clients
- The existing team is efficient and friendly and deals with all kinds of support issues generated by the customer base of businesses and schools in the south-east.
- You will need to thrive on multi-tasking as you complete tasks like installing servers, replacing workstations, resolving OS faults as well as identifying and resolving network connectivity issues
- You will be given responsibility for your own projects where you will be expected to manage every technical aspect whilst maintaining constant liaison with the client
- You will primarily use the products and services within our established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities
- The role includes making suggestions to the client concerning future improvements in line with their individual business needs.
Apply for this position by clicking the “Apply Now” button below.
You will be redirected to a new page with application form.
For more information on the vacancy please contact:
Take your chance
Apprentice Support Engineer
1st Line Support Engineer
SharePoint Developer / SharePoint 1st Line Support
Admin Assistant for Service Department
2nd Line Support Engineer
Junior Account Manager